Last Modified: August 22, 2023
Please read these Terms carefully as they contain important information regarding your legal rights, remedies and obligations, including, but not limited to, various limitations, exclusions and indemnities.
If you are not willing to comply with every provision of these Terms, you may not use the Site (which includes any materials, content or services made available through it).
- Changes to These Terms
- How changes happen—We may change these Terms at any time without notifying you, but we will use reasonable efforts to publish each amendment before it becomes effective. We will ensure that the latest version of these Terms are published on, or linked through, the Site. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Site to obtain timely notice of any additional terms that may apply.
- How to reject changes—If any amendment is unacceptable to you, you may terminate your agreement to these Terms by ceasing your use of the Site or any content or materials you have obtained through the Site.
- Your use of changed Terms—If you continue to use the Site after the effective date of an amendment, you will be deemed to have accepted the amended version of these Terms.
- Interpretation of these Terms
- In these Terms: (i) the division into sections and the insertion of headings are for convenience of reference only and are not to affect the construction or interpretation of these Terms; (ii) when we use the word "including", "includes" or the phrase "such as", or similar phrases, it should be read as "without limitation" or "but not limited to" or similar phrases right after it; (iii) the word "or" does not imply an exclusive relationship between the matters being connected (so it can always be read as "and/or" unless the context requires); and (iv) all references to website addresses or URLs also include any successor or replacement websites containing substantially similar information to the referenced website(s).
- Your Use of the Site is Licensed by Us, and is Subject to These Terms
- Our license to you—Subject to these Terms, we grant you permission to access the Site through a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use the Site for transitory, non-commercial purposes, provided that with respect to any materials obtained from the Site, you will not do any of the following without our prior written consent: (i) modify, copy, reproduce or create derivative works of such materials (except as explicitly provided in connection with those materials through the Site); (ii) use the materials for any commercial purpose; (iii) distribute, sell or transmit the materials; (iv) publicly display, publish or perform the materials for any purpose; (v) attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software or database contained in or access through the Site; or (vi) remove any copyright or other proprietary notations. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by us and, if applicable, our licensors.
- What you are permitted to do—You are permitted to provide links to the Site through email, social media, or other similar methods, but you must ensure that such methods do not: (i) involve framing or embedding of any portion of the Site within another website or service, (ii) imply any affiliation between you and us, or you and the Site, (iii) portray us or the Site in in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner, or (iv) use the Site in a commercial context.
- Your Eligibility to Use the Site and its Content
- You must be legally allowed to use the Site—The Site is intended solely for users who are of the legal age of majority and who reside in a jurisdiction where the content of the Site is legally permissible. Any use of the Site by anyone who does not meet those criteria is unauthorized, unlicensed, and will be deemed in violation of these Terms.
- What we may do—In our sole discretion, with or without notice to you, we may take actions to protect against such violations, including deleting or blocking content, or otherwise prohibiting you from using the Site.
- Our other rights—Regardless of whether we take action, it does not in any way waive any other legal right or remedy we may have against you.
- Rights related to Our Content and Your Content
- You have no rights in our Content—Except where expressly stated otherwise, all right, title and interest in and to the Site and all Content that you did not provide yourself ("Our Content") fully belongs to us. Our Content is protected by applicable copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights or intellectual property laws and is licensed subject to these Terms. You may not use, export or re-export Our Content or any copy or adaptation thereof in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
- We do not control Third Party Content—The Site may link to or otherwise make available Content from third parties (collectively, "Third Party Content"). That Third Party Content is theirs and not yours, and may be governed by terms and conditions applicable to Third Party Content. Nothing in your use of the Site grants you any right, title or interest in, or ownership over Third Party Content.
- Your Content is yours—If the Site contains interactive features that allow you to provide Content we do not claim any ownership over it. Your Content includes Content that you post, upload, input, provide, submit or otherwise transfer to us or to any third party while using the Site ("Your Content"). If the Site does not yet contain that functionality, we include these terms to ensure that they will apply if and as we gain that functionality.
- We may use Your Content—While we have the right to use Your Content, we have no obligation to monitor Your Content regardless of any context or disclaimers you provide in connection with Your Content. If you make Your Content available in any way through the Site, we deem that to mean that you:
- give us a royalty-free, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable and perpetual, license (a "Full License") to use, copy, distribute, transmit, display, edit, modify, delete, publish and translate (collectively, "Use") Your Content to the extent we determine it is necessary for us to provide the Sites as it may exist in any medium from time to time;
- give us a Full License to Use Your Content in order to ensure adherence to, or enforce, these Terms, or to comply with any applicable law;
- confirm, represent and warrant to us that you have all right, title and interest, as well as the power and authority necessary, to grant a Full License for us to Use Your Content as set out above; and
- agree to indemnify us from any actions, proceedings, claims, liabilities, damages and reasonable expenses (including legal expenses) relating to, or arising from, Your Content, including instances where Your Content (i) infringes any intellectual property rights, or (ii) is deemed inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene or unlawful.
- If you disagree with how these Terms deal with Your Content, we prohibit you from providing Your Content to us.
- Deleting Your Content—If permitted by the Site, you may delete Your Content either through the Site or by contacting us at
- If you give us feedback, we have the right to use it—If you provide to us any comments, ideas, suggestions or impressions of the Site or our products and services (collectively, the "Feedback"), you give us a Full License to use it for any purpose, regardless of whether we actively solicited the Feedback or not.
- We are only responsible for Our Content—You are exclusively responsible for determining the accuracy, suitability, or legality of Your Content, even if you did not create it. We do not have any obligation to monitor, censor or review any of Your Content or any Third Party Content, or to monitor use of the Site. If we decide, in our sole discretion, to review or take any action with Content other than Our Content, we have no obligation to take action in the future.
- We may take action if we receive complaints—If we receive a complaint relating to your use of the Site, we may, in our sole and absolute discretion and without notice or liability, investigate the complaint, and take all actions that are permitted by applicable law or these Terms including, without limitation, censoring, altering or removing Your Content. Nothing we do (or not do) waives or limits any rights or remedies that we have.
- Intellectual Property Notices and Complaints
- Copyright Notice—The Site and all Content is owned and copyrighted by us and our licensors, and is licensed to you in accordance with these Terms only. All rights are reserved.
- Trademark Notice—The trademarks including logos displayed on or through the Site, whether registered or unregistered, are the property of us, our licensors or other third parties. You are not permitted to use such trademarks for any purpose without our prior, written consent.
- Acceptable Use of the Site, and Prohibitions
- Additional terms—In addition to the terms and conditions regarding your use of the Site in these Terms, we may require you to agree to additional terms for particular services, products or areas of the Site from time to time. Any such additional terms that you agree to are deemed to be incorporated into these Terms.
- Proper conduct (things you must do)—Without limiting anything else contained in these Terms, you must ensure that (i) you only use the Site for lawful purposes, and (ii) if at any time you become aware of any violation of these Terms, by any person or entity under your control, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy such violation.
- Prohibited conduct (things you must not do)—Without limiting anything else contained in these Terms, you must not, in connection with the Site, directly or indirectly, post, upload, reproduce, facilitate, distribute or otherwise transmit any Content or take any action that: (i) violates any applicable law, regulation or order; (ii) gives rise to civil liability; (iii) is obscene, hateful, inappropriate or objectionable, even if the material or its dissemination is lawful; (iv) constitutes defamation, harassment, stalking or abuse of any conduct that violates the legal rights of others; (v) advocates or encourages violence, abuse, hate or discrimination against a person or group based on age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, family status, marital status, disability, race, ancestry, place or origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, colour, record of offence or association with a person identified by one of these grounds; (vi) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited communications or other "spam"; (vii) infringes, violates, or misappropriates the personal rights or intellectual property rights of us or any third party; (viii) obtains unauthorized access to, or interferes by any means with, any user, system, network, service or account, including evasion of filters or violation of the security or integrity of any network or system; (viiii) harvests, scrapes, or uses any robot, spider, crawler, script or other automated means not provided by us to access the Site or to extract data, collect information or otherwise interact with the Site; (x) distributes computer viruses, malware, cancelbots, Trojan horses, worms or other harmful or disruptive content of any kind to the Site, regardless of intent; or (xi) harvests, scrapes, extracts, collects, or stores personal information about others without their express consent.
- Terminating or Restricting Your Access to the Site
- We have full discretion to terminate at any time—We may, in our sole discretion, suspend, restrict or terminate your use of the Site, including Your Content, effective at any time, without notice to you. This includes, but is not limited to, situations where (i) the operation or efficiency of the Site or our or any third party's equipment or network is impaired by your use of the Site, (ii) we receive a third party complaint relating to your use of the Site, or (iii) you have been or are in breach of any term or condition of these Terms.
- Termination affects Your Content and use of the Site—Our termination, curtailment, or suspension of the Site for any reason may result in restricting, disrupting or suspending your or a third party's access to Your Content. We will not be held responsible nor liable for any claims of loss resulting from restrictions, disruptions or suspensions. By using the Site, you agree to release us from those claims. If your use of the Site is suspended or restricted, we have no obligation to forward any of Your Content to you or any third party unless required by applicable law.
- General Disclaimers, Limits of Liability and Indemnities
- Disclaimer about internet-based limitations—Your use of the Site depends on networks, cabling, facilities and equipment that are not in our control. Accordingly, (i) we cannot guarantee any minimum level regarding such performance, speed, reliability, availability, use or consistency, and (ii) data, messages, information or materials sent over the internet may not be completely private and your anonymity is not guaranteed.
- Disclaimer about Third Party Links—The Content that you may access while using the Site may contain links to other websites or services. These links are provided solely for your convenience and are not endorsed, investigated or verified by us. As a result, we are not liable for any losses suffered connection with these third party links including any damages arising from their products, services, content, privacy practices or any third parties named therein.
- Disclaimer about the Site and its Content—All use of the Site and the Content is to be used at your own risk. The Site and all Content, including all products and services provided under these Terms, are provided on an "AS-IS" and "AS-AVAILABLE" basis. We make no conditions, warranties or representations about the suitability, reliability, usability, security, quality, capacity, performance, availability, timeliness or accuracy of the Site or any Content. We expressly disclaim all conditions, warranties and representations, express, implied or statutory, including implied conditions or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title and non-infringement, whether arising by usage of trade, by course of dealing, by course of performance, at law, in equity, by statute or otherwise howsoever.
- Disclaimer about sensitive information—You should not send any confidential, proprietary or sensitive information about you or others via the Site. We are not responsible for, and will not be liable to you or any one else for any damages in connection with an email, text message, comment, post or any other electronic message sent by you through the Site, or an email, text message, comment post or any other electronic message sent by us or a third party to you.
- To the maximum extent allowed, we have no liability to you—Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will we, our affiliates, or our or our affiliates' agents, employees, suppliers, licensors, resellers or distributors (when we refer to "we" or "us" in this section 11, we mean us and all of these people) be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, or any other expenses, damages or losses whatsoever, including (whether direct or indirect) damages for loss of profits, goodwill, opportunity, earnings, use or data, arising from or related to these Terms, the Site, or any Content in connection therewith, regardless of the cause of action and even if one or more of us have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, or if such damages or losses would be reasonably foreseeable. It is impossible to fully list the extent of this limit of liability, but, to be clear, to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, we have no liability whatsoever to you for any other expenses, damages or losses.
- Exceptions where (and to the extent) prohibited by law—Some jurisdictions prohibit the disclaimer of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation of certain types of liability, such as those set out in this "General Disclaimers, Limits of Liability and Indemnities" section. To the extent that any disclaimers, exclusions and limitations in these Terms are prohibited by law, such disclaimers, exclusions and limitations will only apply to the extent necessary to make these Terms consistent with such prohibitions.
- Indemnity by you—We provide the Site on the basis of these Terms. By using the Site, you agree to indemnify us, and disclaim our responsibility for, any actions, proceedings, claims, liabilities, damages and reasonable expenses (including legal expenses) relating to or arising from (i) access or use, by you or permitted by you, of the Site, or (ii) any of your acts or omissions, including breach or non-performance of these Terms and any violation of any third party rights.
- General Provisions
- Any waiver must be in writing—No waiver of any provision of these Terms is binding unless it is in writing and signed by us. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, any right or remedy, under these Terms will be deemed to be a waiver of that right or remedy. No waiver of any breach of any provision of these Terms will be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of that provision.
- If for any reason some part of these Terms do not apply to you, the rest do—The invalidity of any particular provision of these Terms does not affect any other provision contained herein, but the Terms are to be construed as if the invalid provision has been omitted.
- Applicable Law and dispute mechanisms—These Terms and the rights of the parties hereto are governed by, and construed and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the City of Toronto, Ontario in connection with any matter arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
- These Terms may only be transferred by us—We may, without consent in writing, assign, directly or indirectly, our rights under these Terms. You may not assign these Terms or any of your rights or obligations under them without our prior written consent. These Terms will enure to the benefit of, and bind you and us and our respective heirs, executors, administrators, personal and legal representatives, successors and permitted assigns. On agreement with an assignee to assume our obligations under these Terms, we will without the necessity of any other documentation, be released from all of our obligations under these Terms.
- Parts of these Terms will survive on termination—All provisions of these Terms that, by their meaning or nature, are intended to survive termination or expiry of these Terms shall survive termination or expiration of these Terms.
- Our relationship with you—No joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between us and you as a result of these Terms or your use of the Site.
- Our entire agreement relating to the Site—These Terms, as amended, including any and all documents, websites, terms and policies referenced herein, constitute the entire agreement between us and you with respect to the matters referred to in these Terms and supersede all prior agreements, negotiations, discussions, representations, warranties and understandings whether electronic, oral or written, between us and you with respect to such matters.
- Questions and Concerns:
- If you have any questions or concerns about the Site or these Terms, please contact us at
- If you have any questions or concerns about the Site or these Terms, please contact us at